Version 1.20 (12th April 2000)
QuickNote is a program that lets you quickly make simple
notes. It is designed for those times when you are in a hurry
and don't have a pen and paper to hand. It is also a replacement
for those 'back of a cigarette packet' or beer-mat scribblings. :o)
With this in mind it is possible to configure QuickNote so
that whenever the machine is switched on it pops up with a blank
notebook page. You can draw on the page with the pen or enter
text by simply starting to type; this text can be dragged to
any place on the page.
It is ideal for those social situations where you don't want to
be spending too much time fiddling around and navigating through
menus. And because QuickNote can be used without going through menus
or dialogue boxes it can be used by someone else who may not be
familiar with the computer.
Below is a note giving the hypothetical location of a pub. :o)
Download QuickNote (25k)
Languages supported: UK English, German and French.
Version 1.20 - 12th April 2000
- Added an option to prevent accidental text entry, e.g. by a
hand resting on the keyboard whilst drawing on the screen.
- Changed the notebook to be stored on the same disk that the
program is installed on; rather than always being stored on C:
- Added French language support.
- Made the Esc key cancel any text entry.
Version 1.16 - 19th February 2000
- Abbreviated the program's name on the Revo's extras bar
so it now fits properly.
Version 1.15 - 2nd February 2000
- Changed the program to load all its text from a resource
file, this allows different language versions to be produced.
- Added German language support.
- Fixed a bug which caused an 'Overflow' error when any
of the popup info messages were tapped with the pen.
Version 1.14 - 7th November 1999
- Made QuickNote work properly on small screens, like the one
on the Revo.
Version 1.13 - 15th July 1999
- Fixed a bug which meant changes to the current page were
lost if QuickNote was closed from the 'Open files/programs'
list or closed by PsiWin.
Version 1.12 - 5th July 1999
- Fixed a bug that caused a 'Folder does not exist' error.
Version 1.11 - 1st May 1999
- Made the Ctrl+Left and Ctrl+Right keys move between pages.
- Fixed a bug that occurred when inserting a page after the
last one in the notebook.
Version 1.10 - 18th April 1999
- Added the facility to time-stamp notes.
- Fixed a bug that caused an error when both 'Bring to foreground at
switch on' and 'Always start on new page' options were set
and the last notebook page had not been saved. (This caused
an 'End of file' error whenever QuickNote was started.)
Version 1.01 - 14th April 1999
- Fixed a bug that meant the 'Bring to foreground at switch on'
option was always set.
Version 1.00 - 13th April 1999