Version 2.10 (23rd Jan 2000)
FileLink creates link files on an EPOC machine in a similar
way that Miscrosoft Windows uses shortcuts. That is a file,
which when run, will open up another file or folder.
This is especially useful if you create a folder with
links to all your frequently accessed items and then
bookmark this folder.
- Create links to files, folders or programs.
- Create a 'Batch Folder' link to open up all the files
in a folder in one go. (Useful after a reset or backup
if targeted at a 'Startup' folder with links in.)
- Links to files can specify a program to use to open
it, enabling direct opening of non EPOC files. E.g.
opening HTML files with WEB, or text and book files
Example system screen showing link files:
Download FileLink Version 2.10 (14k)
Version 2.10 - 23rd Jan 2000
- Added linking to EXE files.
Version 2.01 - 11th Feb 1999
- Fixed a bug with links that open files with a space
in their name.
Version 2.00 - 9th Feb 1999
- Added linking to folders and programs.
- Added 'Batch Folder' linking. That is a link which
opens all files in a specified folder.
Version 1.21 - 13th Jan 1999
- Added recognition of RMRZip. (New name for S5Zip.)
Version 1.20 - 28th July 1998
- Added the facility to create links to HTML, JPEG
and GIF files, these will be opened with Web.
- Links to ZIP files are now created without needing
to specify S5Zip as the program to open them with.
Version 1.11 - 25th June 1998
- Fixed a bug with links to OPL programs that have
spaces in their name or path.
Version 1.10 - 11th June 1998
- Added the ability to create links to files on disk Z.
- Worked around a bug in OPL that caused a filename
extension to be added to the name of a link file
even if the user deleted it.
- Some cosmetic changes to comply more with Symbian's
Version 1.03 - 9th May 1998
- Revisions to text in program messages, help file,
Version 1.02 - 4th May 1998
- Increased the number of programs that FileLink can
find to 255. (Apparently some people have more than
128 programs on their machine!)
Version 1.01 - 1st May 1998
- Fixed a bug that caused running programs to be
missed off the "Open target with...?" program list.
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash when searching for
programs and it found one with no caption name in its
AIF file. (S5Zip was the culprit.)
- Renamed the program to FileLink from Shortcut to avoid
confusion with another program with that name.
Version 1.00 - 19th April 1998
- Initial release. (As 'Shortcut')